Members of Rocky Corner are people who have decided to live there or who are in the process of making that decision. Each of us takes a different length of time to make our decision.
Along the path of membership, you will be asked to help with the work of Rocky Corner by volunteering your time and skills to one of our committees.
Here are the Rocky Corner committees and what they do:
- Welcoming & Membership: plans and runs social and informational events, helps people travel the membership path until they achieve full membership.
- Marketing: markets Rocky Corner through participation at farmers markets and fairs and through other media (written, radio etc).
- Policy & Procedures: writes our policies and procedures for the whole community. Completed policies include topics such as weapons, pets and conflict resolution.
- DGIC (dynamic governance implementation committee): helps all members learn about and use dynamic governance so that all our work and decision-making is done as efficiently and equitably as possible.
- Design: originally this committee helped find the land for Rocky Corner. Now they are completely focused on the design of our buildings working directly with Centerbrook Architects and PAC Group.
- Homes: helps Rocky Corner members learn how to qualify to purchase or rent a home.
- PMC (project management committee): works directly with our housing consultant David Berto to oversee the whole project.There are work groups under this committee that manage our funds and our legal issues.
- General Circle (aka business meetings): membership in this group includes all of the operational leaders and delegates from all of the other committees. Leaders and delegates meet to share the work of their committees with each other and to make important community decisions. All are welcome to attend general circle meetings and to participate in the discussions. The general circle meets regularly twice a month on Sunday evenings. Meetings are facilitated and agendas are circulated in advance by email.
- Land and Farmhouse Circle (forming)
- Community Relations Circle: Conflict resolution and education
To read about Rocky Corner’s vision click here
Full calendar of meetings
Password protected area with documents