Rocky Corner is a new neighborhood of 30 homes being built in Bethany, Connecticut.
We have designed Rocky Corner as a cohousing community where residents will own their homes.
We want to live sustainably—to use fewer resources and share more.
We will manage the community together. We will be neighbors helping neighbors.
We broke ground on May 1st! Construction is happening now! Join us!
Rocky Corner will be the first cohousing community in Connecticut.
We are the people who are planning to live there, so we are the developers. We have hired great professionals to work with us.
Our homes will be efficient, beautiful and low maintenance. Our residences will be clustered on a small portion in the center of the property, preserving the rest for recreation, farmland, and habitat. The plan is a terrific example of low impact design.
The thirty homes and common house at Rocky Corner will be brand new, Energy Star structures.
- Comfortable, passive solar compact homes with low energy and maintenance costs
- One, two, three and four-bedroom cape style homes
- Customizable features and layout
- Aging in place—a bedroom and bath on every first floor
- Parking near your home
- Affordable housing subsidies available
You could be our neighbors! Join us!
Rocky Corner welcomes families of all kinds. We’re designing Rocky Corner to include an organic farm to be managed by interested community members. We make decisions efficiently and transparently using a model of governance called sociocracy in accordance with our community values.
Some features of our neighborhood
- Room to garden, play, hike, cross country ski, ride horses, walk dogs
- Multi-generational—babies to elders
- Walkable, pedestrian-centered with parking on a perimeter ring driveway
- Community gardens, edible landscaping in the courtyards, wildlife habitat
- Working organic farm to supply lots of our neighborhood’s food (but work on the farm isn’t required!)
- Accessible to older folks and people with disabilities
- Teaching and learning—we value and welcome all backgrounds, skills and interests
- Common house—a big, beautiful building for cooking and eating together, performances, dancing, wood working, crafts and art, meeting space, children’s play space, laundry, with quiet space for relaxing, playing games, listening to music, lounging next to the masonry heater.
- market rate homes and affordable homes
- 15 minute drive to downtown New Haven; 10 minutes to an Amtrak station
- Located in a top school district (Bethany Community School and Amity Regional Junior and Senior High Schools)
We can’t wait to meet you! Join Us!
We are choosing our homes right now. We invite interested people to explore being our neighbors.
You can be a part of this exciting project by getting in touch with us today.
- Sign up for our mailing list (in the sidebar)
- Email questions to email@example.com
- Check our our Facebook page and our blog
- Attend an info session, a business meeting, or a social event
- Come meet us!!
We can’t wait to move in!