Love where you live
Rocky Corner is a new community of 30 homes being built by the people who are planning to live in it, in Bethany, about a 20-minute drive from downtown New Haven, Connecticut. Green Haven, Inc.—the nonprofit company formed by the future residents—designed Rocky Corner as a cohousing community, where most people own their homes and share 33 acres and a large common house and manage the neighborhood as a group. Some rental units will be available and Rocky Corner offers some units designated as affordable housing under state law.
At Rocky Corner, we want to return to the spirit of neighborhoods past, where neighbors help neighbors. We also want to live sustainably—to use fewer resources and share more.
The 30 homes at Rocky Corner will be brand new. Some features:
- Energy-saving and compact
- One- to three-bedroom homes
- Customizable features and layout
- Room to garden
- Nearby parking and storage
- Affordable housing subsidies available
Rocky Corner welcomes families of all kinds. We’re also designing Rocky Corner to accommodate an organic farm, to be managed by interested community members. Some features of our neighborhood:
- Plenty of green space
- Working farm to supply some food needs
- Accessible to people with disabilities
- Common house with shared facilities: kitchen, dining and gathering spaces, workshop, arts spaces
- Located in top school district (Amity)
- Efficient and transparent management by the residents
Rocky Corner is in the final planning stages right now, with construction scheduled to begin in early 2015—join us!
You can be a part of this exciting effort by signing up today. Take action:
- Sign up for our mailing list (in the sidebar)
- Email questions to email@example.com
- Ask now about an upcoming meeting or event