Status update! We have closed on the land purchase. The land is ours!
Do you want to love where you live?
Do you want to live more sustainably?
Do you want to really know your neighbors as friends?
Do you want to live a rural life that is close to a vibrant city?
Rocky Corner Cohousing! Join us!
Rocky Corner is a new cohousing neighborhood to be built in Bethany, Connecticut.
We want to return to the spirit of neighborhoods past, where neighbors help neighbors.
We also want to live sustainably—to use fewer resources and share more.
We have designed Rocky Corner as a cohousing community where most residents will own their homes. Some rental units will be available and Rocky Corner offers some units designated as affordable housing under state law. Everyone will share the 33 acres of land and a large common house and will manage the neighborhood together.
We are building soon! Join us!
Rocky Corner will be the first cohousing community in Connecticut. Thirty homes are being built by the people who are planning to live there. We are doing it ourselves, because we want it to be affordable and sustainable.
After working years to find the right property, we are excited to say that the zoning commission in Bethany approved our construction plan in June. We will be paying our final installment on the 33-acre, Meyers Road farmland at the end of September with the help of the Greater New Haven Community Loan Fund. The Connecticut Department of Housing is looking favorably on our plan to include affordable homes in our neighborhood. They will provide funds that will be used to subsidize and ultimately lower the cost of our 9 affordable homes.
The 30 homes at Rocky Corner will be brand new.
- Energy-saving and compact
- One- to three-bedroom homes
- Customizable features and layout
- Room to garden
- Nearby parking and storage
- Affordable housing subsidies available
Rocky Corner welcomes families of all kinds. We’re also designing Rocky Corner to accommodate an organic farm, to be managed by interested community members.
Some features of our neighborhood:
- 20 minute drive from downtown New Haven
- Plenty of green space
- Working farm to supply some of our neighborhood’s food
- Accessible to people with disabilities
- Common house with shared facilities: kitchen, dining and gathering spaces, workshop, arts spaces
- Located in top school district (Amity)
- Efficient and transparent management by the residents
We can’t wait to meet you! Join Us!
Rocky Corner is in the final planning stages right now, with construction scheduled to begin in early 2015!
You can be a part of this exciting effort by signing up today.
- Sign up for our mailing list (in the sidebar)
- Email questions to email@example.com
- Ask now about an upcoming meeting or event
- Come meet us!!