The purpose of this questionnaire is to help you discover and consider some issues relevant to living in community. By having a better understanding of these issues, you will be better able to decide if living in Rocky Corner is right for you and you’ll be better prepared to live in community.
Each adult member of the household must complete this questionnaire either in writing or at an interview with someone from the Welcoming Committee. The questionnaire’s purpose is not to decide if you’ve given “correct” answers but rather to determine if you’ve addressed the issues of living in community and to help you do so.
1. Have you lived in shared or cooperative living situations before, such as other intentional communities, shared group households, student housing co-ops, or college dorms? If so, how was that experience for you?
2. What experiences have you had in other types of community settings, such as involvement in non-profit groups, religious organizations, food cooperatives or cooperative childecare?
3. How have those experiences influenced your interest in Rocky Corner?
4. What are your fears or concerns about living in Rocky Corner?
5. What are you most looking forward to about Rocky Corner? What benefits do you hope to realize by living there?
6. What will be your greatest personal growth challenges of living in community?
7. What is your current family situation (marriage, civil union, or other relationship; children, grandchildren)? What members of your family or others do you expect to have living with you at Rocky Corner, either full or part-time?