FOR SALE NOW!
One and one-half story cape, 810 sq. ft. (more floor area available with construction options)
FOR SALE NOW!
One and one-half story cape, 1,080 sq. ft. (more floor area available with construction options)
FOR SALE NOW!
One and one-half story cape, 1,160 sq. ft. (more floor area available with construction options)
Comfort and energy efficiency
These homes are quiet and comfortable, cool and shaded in the summer, warm and sunny in the winter. Ductless heating and cooling means you don’t have a noisy furnace blowing dust throughout your home. Energy Star insulation, all-LED lighting, and solar-ready roof means your electric bill will be low to start and can get lower still when you add solar panels. Rock-solid construction and great soundproofing add up to no squeaks and creaks, and complete privacy when you want it.
And with half-gigabit fiber optic direct to every home (full gigabit optional), you can stream what you want, upload giant files, and let your visiting nephew play online games all day. You’ll have great cell service too.
Universal design means these homes are designed for all of us at every stage of our lives, from the comfort-height outlets and switches to the bedroom and full bath with roll-in shower on the first floor.
Modern, double-glazed high-tech-coated windows and skylights are easy to open and easy to maintain.
You can choose to add a masonry heater as a comfort luxury. This is a northern European style of wood-fired radiant heater that can be a beautiful addition to your living space if you like the idea of heating with wood.
You can add optional dormers for additional living space and porches for outdoor comfort.
- Energy Star rated home
- Insulated slab-on-grade with shallow frost wall
- Tight envelope with insulation that exceeds code requirements
- Double-glazed windows
- Large south-facing windows to allow solar gain in winter, shaded in
- Efficient air-sourced heat pump to provide ductless heating and
- Skylights and LED fixtures minimize energy consumption for lighting
- Solar panel-ready roof
- Optional masonry stove for efficient wood heat
Rocky Corner amenities
- Convenient location near New Haven, accessible to Hartford, Waterbury, and other Connecticut locations
- Top-rated school district
- 4,500 sq. ft. common house with large kitchen and dining space for community meals; workshop; lounge with large, handbuilt masonry stove; multipurpose rooms
- Nearby parking for one vehicle, additional parking for a second vehicle
- Community garden with individual allotments
- Ponds, rain gardens, and other permaculture features that we’ll
develop over time on this 33-acre former dairy farm
- Opportunity to participate in organic farm, including your own farm
enterprise if you’re interested
- Up to two dogs and two cats per home
- Fiber optic Internet service (500 Mbps download and upload speed to each home upgradable to 1 Gbps; 1 Gbps in the common house)
- Firearm-free community
- Sociocratic governance
LEGAL NOTICE: These homes are for sale by Rocky Corner North Development, LLC, NHC.0015002 or Rocky Corner South Development, LLC, NHC.0015004.
A public offering statement is available for interested buyers.