We are designing our homes at Rocky Corner to be beautiful, affordable, compact and comfortable. Centerbrook Architects is working with us to create plans for our ground-breaking neighborhood.
We are committed to balancing cost and benefit to keep our homes both efficient and affordable.
For both ethical and practical reasons, we want to minimize our use of energy, water and other resources at Rocky Corner. Our homes are built from the ground up to cost less to heat and cool and are located in the best possible place on the land to reduce energy use.
We are using the latest technology to save money and resources, including:
- Passive solar: Placing homes on the site to take full advantage of the sun in the winter while shielding living space from excessive heat in the summer.
- Insulation: Building well-insulated homes that can retain heat in the winter and stay cool in the summer.
We are also exploring technology like geothermal energy, which uses the earth’s natural heat, and photovoltaic cells that convert light into power.
Prices of our homes
- the prices will reflect only the actual cost to build; we are our own developers so no one is making a profit from the sales of the homes
- the cost of the homes includes co-ownership of the 4500 square foot common house and all 33 acres of farmland
- energy costs for each home-owner will be low due to the passive-solar design
- we have hired PAC Group to work directly with us and Centerbrook Architects as construction managers; this will keep our costs lower
- we will have options available that homeowners can choose that will decrease or increase the cost of your home depending what you want
- the earlier you join us the more you have a voice in the specific design of your individual home