LOCATION & ENVIRONMENT
- Are you attracted to living in a residence that will be surrounded by open fields, working farms, farm animals and opportunities for walking, cross country skiing and kite flying?
- Would you be OK with a very small private backyard, while having access to a larger portion of shared land?
- Are you interested in having the option to be involved in farming or community gardens?
- Are you comfortable living in a neighborhood with tightly clustered houses and walking from a peripheral parking area, in order to have a child and pedestrian friendly car-free area?
- Are you interested in living in a duplex or triplex without a basement, as a way to save cost and have less environmental impact?
- Would you like to see home-based businesses as part of the neighborhood?
- Would you like to have the ability to benefit from a common house with shared space for meals and other activities, and with the chance to store and use equipment with those of like interests?
- Do you like the idea of having your young children be able to walk safely to their friend’s house without adult supervision?
- Do you have a dog or cat and, if so, do you consider yourself to be a responsible pet owner?
- Do you feel comfortable with the idea of living in a small home that follows a common design with little opportunity for individualization in term of size or shape?
- Do you value a mixed neighborhood with plenty of families with young children, working couples, and elders?
- Our vision statement includes this sentence: Our community promotes the physical and emotional health, safety and security of our members and guests.
- Are you interested in helping to create a model cohousing community that people would travel to visit?
- If you experienced conflict with one of your neighbors, would you work constructively to resolve the issue?
- Is it important to you to be a part of a community of people who are committed to many of the same values including living sustainably with a small environmental impact?
- Would you like to be involved in establishing and maintaining the expectations for our neighborhood around such things as pets, clotheslines and parking?
- Are you energetic, interested in developing your skills for working in a group, and able to take initiative?
- Are you someone who is willing to work things through that affect your daily life with a group of people, many who have similar values but may not agree on everything?
- Are you willing to serve on one or two committees that will be in charge of various aspects of the community?
- Are you interested in sharing community dinners in the common house on a regular basis?
- Are you looking for a community rather than a dream home?